First and foremost, if you think the way you operate your server virtualization environment today is good enough to call a cloud, you are probably lying to yourself. Your internal cloud must be:
Cloud Adoption Services
- Highly standardized – Meaning the key operational procedures of your internal IaaS environment (provisioning, placement, patching, migration, parking and destroying) should all be documented and conducted the same way every time. Also, the types of VMs, workloads and workload stacks that can be deployed should be standardized as much as possible.
- Highly automated – To make sure the above standardized procedures are done the same every time, you need to take these tasks out of the realm of human error and hand them over to automation software.
- Self-service to developers – We’ve found many IT admins are very much against this concept for fear that it will lead to chaos in the data center. But the reality is just the opposite because of 1 and 2. When you standardize what can be deployed into the cloud and how, you eliminate the risk of chaos.
- Shared via Multitenancy – For your internal cloud to be cost effective and have a strong ROI you need it to be highly utilized – much more so than your traditional virtualization environment. The way to get there is to share a single cloud among all departments inside your company.
- Hybrid – As stated above, your private cloud should be significantly smaller than you think at the outset. The main reason for this is to ensure you achieve your ROI objectives from this investment but also so that you leverage the public cloud as part of your private cloud value proposition. There will be workloads your developers want to deploy that just don’t make sense in your private cloud (such as stress testing a new web property). You will want to be able to tap the public cloud as overflow from your private cloud when and where appropriate. That’s a big reason Microsoft built Windows Azure Pack and the anticipated Microsoft Azure Stack – to act as contiguous extensions of our public Azure platform. Source : Microsoft Azure Blog
Prakash Software Solutions PVT LTD. Offer wide range of services to their clients all over the globe. We successfully delivered projects i.e. software development, cloud computing solutions, SharePoint development solutions, mobile app development and Microsoft technology solution to our Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, France, Norway, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Brazil, Peru, UAE, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia Clients.