Client was having a PHP site for their internal operations i.e. intranet. Also they had a lot of independent sub-systems / applications in this PHP intranet environment. This was tough to maintain as it involved a lot of developer inputs whenever changes were needed. Security (i.e. authentication and authorization) was also a prime concern.
Products and Services Used
2. The php system needed to be replicated as a SharePoint site.
3. All individual sub-systems needed to be merged into one single application/site.
4. Look and feel was needed to be kept same as legacy system for easy end user transition to new SharePoint system.
5. Normal SharePoint navigation is a single level deep offering. But need was for a three level deep and customizable by any non-technical user.
2. Metadata navigation of up to three level depth for easy navigation and search-ability.
3. Various dashboard elements implemented as webparts for easy customizability and maintenance.
4. SharePoint blog site for blogging purpose, and fetching data for some of the dashboard webparts.
5. Solution was made as a sandbox solutions for easy migration to SharePoint online; if needed in future.
6. All webparts work asynchronously for a seamless and un-obstructive end user experience.
2. SharePoint provides a well-built blogging environment.
3. Authentication and authorization are at the core of any SharePoint site.
4. All individual sub-systems from legacy application are merged into a single SharePoint site.