Good news for SharePoint Users. SharePoint 2013 preview version launched.
After the launch of SharePoint 2013 preview version, I decided to give it a try. So I downloaded SharePoint foundation 2013 preview version and started stand alone install on my system with latest OS Windows Server 2012. However the installation failed during configuration wizard as shown in the image below.
Stand-alone Environment: Windows Server 2012 OS with SharePoint Foundation 2013
Error: “Service running under Network Service account in work-group environment is not supported”
- Go to Start then Run and Type command “Services.msc”
- Check for “AppFabric Caching Service” and start this service with proper login account.
- Open SQL Server and then add proper role to login account as per below.
Public, Sysadmin, Setupadmin, Serveradmin
- Go to Start then Run and Type “Cmd” & run as Administrator privilege.
- Now set Psconfig.exe path as below command
Type "cd C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft sharedWeb Server Extensions15BIN" then click ENTER.
- For silent installation run this command “psconfig.exe -cmd Configdb Create SkipRegisterAsDistributedCacheHost”.