Whenever we do anything, it is a better practice that a set methodology is followed. Although it is not necessary that the fixed set of steps have to be followed but to get better and expected results it is a wise decision to follow them. The same is applicable for Software Development. It is a rule of thumb that if you perform something with proper planning, then you shall get the desired results.
There are numerous approaches available for software too. These practices are actually the different models proposed by great people. As per the requirement the appropriate model has to be chosen. Each of them has its own pros and cons so while choosing the one for your project should be done with a lot of caution.
The following are the different models available:
- Here the steps of development have to be followed in the fixed linear sequence.
- Before starting actual work, the requirements have to be frozen
- In this type, first a prototype has to be constructed and given to the client.
- After the reviews and request for change the actual final product is constructed,
- Iteration and Incremental
- As described by the name itself, here at each step new properties and functionalities are added.
- At each step of increment, the new requirements are integrated incrementally.
- The key characteristic is risk management at regular stages in the development cycle.
- It is a combination of waterfall and prototype model and it solves the disadvantages offered by both of them.
- Agile Development
- It uses iterative development as a basis but advocates a lighter and more people-centric viewpoint than traditional approaches.
- The feedbacks are used, rather than planning, as their primary control mechanism. The feedback is driven by regular tests and releases of the evolving software.
The above is a brief overview of Software Development.
Prakash Software Solutions PVT LTD. Offer wide range of services to their clients all over the globe. We successfully delivered projects i.e. software development, cloud computing solutions, SharePoint development solutions, mobile app development and Microsoft technology solution to our Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, France, Norway, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Brazil, Peru, UAE, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia Clients.