Error Message: The Office Add-in does not load.
Below are the helpful points to trace cause of the error. Here we are using Excel for reference.
- Registry Checking – Open registry editor and navigate to ”HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoft OfficeExcelAddins”. LoadBehavior should be set to 3 (Loaded at startup)
- “COM Add-Ins” dialog in Excel – Now open Excel and see if your add-in loads successfully. If not, open Excel Options dialog (File->Options) and navigate to Add-Ins tab. You need to worry only if your add-in is listed under “Inactive Application Add-ins” list. If yes, then select the “COM Add-ins” from the Manage dropdown at the bottom of this dialog and see the LoadBehavior of all COM add-ins. In normal cases, the add-in should be checked and its “Load Behavior” should be “Loaded at Startup”. If the VSTO runtime encounters a problem loading the add-in, you’ll see this message instead. “Load Behavior: Not Loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in”.
- Enable the VSTO Alerts – Set the “VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS” environment variable to 0. Then go back to the registry key I mentioned in step 1 and set the LoadBehavior to 3. Now restart the Excel. You should be able to see a dialog describing what is happening.
- Hard disabling can occur when an add-in causes the application to close unexpectedly. To re-enable an add-in:
- click the File tab
- Click the Options button.
- In the categories pane, click Add-ins.
- In the details pane, verify that the add-in appears in the Disabled Application Add-ins list.
- In the Manage box, click Disabled Items, and then click Go.
- Select the add-in and click Enable.
Prakash Software Solutions PVT LTD. Offer wide range of services to their clients all over the globe. We successfully delivered projects i.e. software development, cloud computing solutions, SharePoint development solutions, mobile app development and Microsoft technology solution to our Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, France, Norway, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Brazil, Peru, UAE, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia Clients.